Shipping oversized, complex and valuable cargo by water comes with unique challenges, and Jensen’s Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) know this better than anyone. Whether it’s transporting a land-based oil rig to its final location over water, or a simple towing resistance analysis, our experts provide customized solutions. Jensen offers innovative marine engineering solutions throughout the life cycle of all our projects. Our solutions include conceptual design, detailed engineering and management of multiple engineering disciplines.
Our association with Crowley gives us the unique advantage of having direct involvement with operations and the ability to design solutions with the highest level of safety for both cargo and personnel. Additionally, utilizing Jensen SMEs throughout the project’s design life cycle can prevent costly changes from last minute modifications to construction and/or cargo load-out plans.
Jensen has decades of experience in determining the safe loading capabilities of marine vessels. We provide comprehensive solutions for vessel load and cargo fastening plans, and utilize 3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software to ensure the design and safety will exceed expectations, while helping to limit project costs. Vessel loading services include:
- Project Management
- Barge Stow Plans
- Mooring Plans
- Barge Strength Studies
- Local and Global Structural Analysis
- Stability and Hydrostatics Analysis
- Ballast Plans
- Seafastening Design
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Load and Offload Calculations
- 3D Load and Offload Renderings
- (206) 332-8090
- Send us an email »
- Crowley Launches Industry-Leading, LNG-Powered ConRo Ship at VT Halter Marine
- Video Highlights Construction of Crowley’s LNG Bunker Facility at Port of Jacksonville
- Designed by Jensen, First Tier IV, SCR Tugboat in America is Christened
- Crowley Relocates Government Services Office in Washington, D.C.
- Crowley Honored as “National Best and Brightest in Wellness” for Workplace Health Program