We built our early reputation one fishing vessel at a time. While we were originally known throughout the Northwest for designing “functionally elegant” vessels of all sizes that were distinguished by their endurance and ability to stand up to anything the rough waters of the North Pacific could dish out, today we’ve set the standard for the entire commercial fishing industry.
Commercial fishermen operate in one of the world's harshest environments. They work in isolated fishing grounds, and endure hazardous working conditions that can have a major impact on safety, like high winds, darkness, freezing seas, icing and long days. It’s easy to see why a vessel that’s anything less than 100% reliable is completely unacceptable. For nearly half a century, fishermen have turned to Jensen to safeguard their livelihoods and the lives of their crew.
We designed the first modern crabber for the Bering Sea in 1966, and it quickly became the must-have boat among the crab fishermen in Kodiak and Dutch Harbor. We also design many other types of fishing vessels, such as:
- Factory trawlers
- Fish processors
- Fishery research vessels
- (206) 332-8090
- Send us an email »
- Barging Right into LNG: "Marine Link" Highlights Jensen's LNG Play
- First of Four Crowley Tankers Celebrated in Keel Laying Ceremony at Aker Shipyard
- As Seen in "WorkBoat" Magazine: McAllister Takes Delivery of New Jensen-Designed Tug
- ABS to Class LNG America’s First Bunker Barges Being Designed by Jensen Maritime
- LNG Design: Necessity is the Mother of all Invention